With fall officially underway, we have to look towards the future of home care and preparation. Whether we like it or not, this means preparing and proofing our homes for the cold winter months we experience in Ontario. Although it may seem “too soon” for some of the practices we’re discussing, keep in mind that the fall and early winter months can be some of the most stressful and taxing, due to the many approaching holidays and events. By budgeting and planning your necessary home preparations in advance, you save yourself extra time, money, and the stress of last minute repairs and emergencies.
Below, we’ve included a short checklist of the most pertinent items to consider when preparing for winter:
- Ensure your downspout faces out and away from the home to avoid water leaking into the home
- Ensure your gutters are free and clear of leaves and debris
- Have an expert check your heating system to ensure no repairs are necessary
- Prepare to put away your summer tools (lawnmower, sprinkler systems)
- Test your sump pump
- Clean out your chimney, or have a professional do it
- Prepare to bring out the winter car and home care necessities including a: shovel, car brush, and perhaps a snow blower.
Preparing to sell/Have you sold your home in the fall and winter months, and now can use an advance on your equity before closing day, perhaps you need money for winter proof repairs or a new home deposit? Tembo Financial can help! Tembo offers this unique service to homeowners in Ontario and the GTA. You could receive your money in as little as 48 hours with no credit check and no appraisal* for expenses that matter to you. Don’t wait, start today!
*Subject to qualification.