Congratulations! You’ve officially moved into your new home. The paperwork has been signed, the keys have been handed over…now what? At this point in your homeownership journey it might seem a little overwhelming, but we’re here to make it easier on you. Below, we’ve included some of the primary steps you should take in order to make your move in as smooth and simple as possible:
- Change the Locks: To be safe, don’t assume that your new set of keys is the only one. Have all of your locks changed.
- Locate the water shutoffs: Locate the main water shut off, as well as the outside water spigots. Ask for help from the previous owners if they cannot be located.
- Locate (and label) the Breaker Box
- Make an exit plan: In case of emergencies, be sure everyone in the home including your children know a safe exit plan out of the home.
- Deep Clean: Steam the carpets, wipe out the cabinetry, bring in an exterminator if necessary.
These steps may seem like no brainers, but following them now could save you time, effort, and nuisances in the future. Then, it’s up to you to renovate, redecorate, or just put your feet up and enjoy your new surroundings!
Have you sold/are in the process of selling your home, and now can use an advance on your equity before closing day, perhaps you need money for your new purchase deposit? Tembo Financial can help! Tembo offers this unique service to homeowners in Ontario and the GTA. You could receive your money in as little as 48 hours with no credit check and no appraisal* for expenses that matter to you. Don’t wait, start today!
*Subject to qualification.