During this time while everyone is at home and meetings have become virtual, we have noticed a few steps to take in order to ensure that you are prepared for your virtual meetings!
- Clean the area which is in the view of the webcam. Try not to have clutter or things that could distract your audience during your call.
- When you are not speaking in the meeting mute your self! While others are talking you do not want to move your computer and make noise for everyone else to hear.
- Put a note on your door for others in your home to know that you are in a meeting. Sometimes it can be hard when sharing a workspace at home. Putting a note on the door of your meeting times should help.
- Maintain engaged. Try not to wander your eyes around your room. Being at home can be distracting!
- Test your speaker and wear earphones to ensure your speaking clearly and your viewers can hear without a lot of background noise.
- Make sure that the room you are in has light coming from in front of you. Natural light behind you will make your screen appear dark for your viewers.
We hope these tips come in handy for any virtual meetings that you may have!