As Tembo Financial has previously noted, this is the best sellers’ market in southern Ontario history with record prices and demand. Homeowners who are selling now are seeing massive gains. Although the strong, healthy market is a foundation of high prices, Tembo has prepared a list of neighbourhood features and amenities you should not overlook when considering selling your home.
- Community associations: Neighbourhood watches, volunteer networks, and keeping clean programs create a strong sense of cohesion and respectability for a home. Being a part of a healthy, united community improves safety, comfort, trust, and will certainly make a home much more desirable.
- Upgrades to come: Do your research and check with local authorities. Public works projects and neighbourhood improvements take years to fund and build. Find out if a new road is being built in your neighbourhood, or if that future subway stop will be close to your home. New streetscaping initiatives or a new retailer will add value and should not be overlooked.
- Retail access: Proximity to shopping and services is important regardless of where one lives. Proximity to a bank, grocery store, or post office will add huge value to your home. Appraisers pay close attention to what’s close so ensure that you’re aware of all the retail opportunities your close to, and new ones that are on their way.
- Walkability: Being able to walk to a small corner store or an LCBO will help you get good value on your house. Walkability is very important for a buyer, and being able to walk for your basics will have a hugely positive impact on the desire to buy.
- Historic and vintage properties: Learn he history of your neighbourhood and discover what sets it apart. Historic districts cannot be replaced, they are incredibly powerful in attracting soul and charm to an area. Having a historic or vintage home nearby can potentially accelerate the increase in the value of your property and will be a huge selling point for your realtor.
- Parks, trails, and off lease areas: A no brainer, but a green patch to decompress is something we all need and should be close to. There may be a dog trail or off leash area around your home that you are unaware of or that you have not visited, especially if you’re not a pet owner. These assets can be a huge plus to people with furry members of their family.
Always keep in mind that there could be hidden gems that will give your property an edge or that will justify an even bigger listing price. Have you sold your home, and now can use an advance on your equity before closing day, perhaps you need money for renovations? Tembo Financial can help! Tembo offers this unique service to homeowners in Ontario and the GTA. You could receive your money in as little as 48 hours with no credit check and no appraisal* for expenses that matter to you. Don’t wait, start today!
*Subject to qualification.